B-Sides & Rarities is back with music, theater, storytelling, and more from the darker, bluesier side of Yuletide.
Christmas: B-Sides & Rarities celebrates the season with a dark, occasionally cynical, often funny, and decidedly musical variety show that is the perfect antidote to the overly cheery, relentlessly commercialized traditional Christmas fare. Artist recruiting has just begun, and we’ve already confirmed some amazing performing artists for this one-night-only event:
– rock’n’roll from Joey Kline (formerly of The Squirrels and The Plaintiffs);
– “Magi” written by Jim Jewell and directed by Dan Tarker, featuring Jaryl Allen Draper, Fox Rain Matthews, and Madison Marie Rengli;
– “Yule Log” written by Dan Tarker and directed by Jim Jewell, featuring Megan Ahiers and Mark Fullerton;
– additional short theatre pieces from Cody Smith and Rod Tipton
– “Redneck” written and performed by Jennifer Neel, Paul Shipp and Joe Zavadil;
– poetry and memoir from Paul Mullin;
– buffoonery from UMO Ensemble vets Christine and Lyam White;
– magical, maniacal storytelling from the inimitable Jennifer Jasper
– ukelele mayhem from E-Ray and the LPs;
– and more from Scot Augustson, Kymberlee della Luce, John McKenna, and Colleen Roberston.
If you witnessed last year’s torrid love triangle between Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Toni Collette, the boozy musings of Jesus, or E-Ray and band bringing down the house with “Come On Santa,” you have some small idea what this year will be like.
Tickets for this one-night-only event are $15 online or $18 at the door.
B-Sides & Rarities receives marketing and logistical support from The 14/48 Projects, producers of 14/48: The World’s Quickest Theater Festival and Theater Anonymous.
(14/48 vets get $10 tickets online with the usual code.)